Fleur A' Papier













A SCRAP OF PAPER

"Will you go to war just for a scrap of paper?"--_Question of the
German Chancellor to the British Ambassador, August 3, 1914._

A mocking question! Britain's answer came
Swift as the light and searching as the flame.
"Yes, for a scrap of paper we will fight
Till our last breath, and God defend the right!
"A scrap of paper where a name is set
Is strong as duty's pledge and honor's debt.
"A scrap of paper holds for man and wife
The sacrament of love, the bound of life.
"A scrap of paper may be Holy Writ
With God's eternal word to hallow it.
"A scrap of paper binds us both to stand
Defenders of a neutral neighbor land.
"By God, by faith, by honor, yes! We fight
To keep our name upon that paper white."
September, 1914
The Red Flower Poems Written in War Time By Henry Van Dyke
Isn't it the truth!
These vintage style cones can be found on my etsy shop!




Comments

Very sweet!! love thos cones!! Can't wait to see your work in person!
Just A Girl said…
Oh it looks like everyone is following Vanessa's Rabbit Trail. I looked at your feed and all are from A Fanciful Twist.
I have to say that when I saw your cones above my heart melted from the pure beauty of them. ARe they in your etsy shop? I must go see!
Have a wonderful day!

xoxo Cori
Just A Girl said…
Hi Ann-Denise,
Back again and so soon! Yes, you can put me in your fav's and I'll put you in mine as well.
Have a fun and lovely day!

xox Cori
Linda Jo said…
These are so sweet! I do love them.

Popular Posts